Sitting In A Development Circle For Mediumship
Development Circle - Awareness Circle
Circle work is crucial to your development. It is a must, in my opinion, to join an awareness or development circle you can find these at your local spiritualist church or spiritual centre..
Not only for guidance for the right and wrong ways of practice but your own unique personal development.
This ideally your first port of call. From there doors will open and new spiritual friendships will be made.
Your spiritual awareness will quicken whilst sitting in a group of like-minded people with the same desire. Not only are the energies stronger, you are under the care of a tutor who can stretch you and help you with all aspects of mediumship.
You will find that your mediumistic abilities will strengthen through working in a group situation where you will receive guidance and be able to practice on other members of the circle.
(It is important that for those of you attending an open circle to be sure the Medium in charge is knowledgeable about all aspects of mediumship and has got experience. It has come to my attention that untrained mediums are running open circles and are not prepared for all the different experiences that may occur. )
Detailed below are guidelines of how to sit, if you are thinking of attending, holding or running a home closed circle:
Know your path be one of true light and love.
Sitting in a home circle
1. You will need a circle leader, either a medium or somebody who is very knowledgeable in this field. The circle leader observes the circle phenomena, the trainee medium and every aspect of the home circle. They must be knowledgeable about all aspects of mediumship and trance. Their decisions should be respected.
2. A minimum of three sitters, however the energies will be stronger with more sitters.
3. A clean and clutter-free room.
4. Setting the scene: The room should be prepared about an hour beforehand with maybe fresh flowers, a candle or red light and some music.
5. All sitters should harmonise and work together as a team. Jealousy or any awkwardness between sitters will upset the energies. All sitters must have the highest intentions and work in love and light.
6. Do not have a heavy meal before you sit, as you are likely to fall asleep.
7. Commitment to the circle is essential. Always hold the circle on the same day and the same time each week.
8. I always open the circle with prayer asking for the highest of those that work with us in love and light and protection; closing the circle with a prayer of thanks and a healing prayer.
9. The circle leader should then talk you into the meditation with a guided visualisation and as the circle progresses no visualisation is needed it will be enough just to sit in the power .
There will be quiet time for you to blend, with love, with your guides that work with you.
10. The leader will encourage you as you progress with practical exercises for your development.
11. In a home circle if the leader of the circle feels that a member of the circle is not taking it seriously, they should be asked to leave.
Lateness, feeble excuses for absences, upsetting the other members of the group through jealousy, all of these will upset the energies. I would ask them to leave, even if it is your friend.
Commitment and harmony are very important to the circle.
When sitting in circle, your sensitivity will heighten bringing mood changes. This is because you are becoming more aware. Always expect the unexpected in the nicest possible way.
Please be patient with your own unique journey, in my view, a hard lesson to learn.
Know that if you do not visualise or feel anything in meditation, it is not wasted. Your guides are still there working with you.
Please never compare yourself with a fellow sitter. Your experience is unique to you .
There are many books written about developing your mediumship and the spirit world. I suggest that you educate yourself with as much knowledge as you can as this will help with your understanding and progression.
I hope this has helped you to get started on your journey of enlightenment.